Website: Terms & conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Customer Privacy Notice
At IAconnects Technology Ltd. (iaconnects), we understand that we have a responsibility to protect and respect your privacy and to look after your personal data.
This Privacy Notice and our Business Terms and Conditions explain what personal data we collect, how we use your personal data, reasons we may need to disclose your personal data to others and how we store your personal data securely.
For clarity, iaconnects may be both data controller and data processor for your personal data under certain circumstances.
- Who are we?
iaconnects is a technology company that specialises in creating, delivering and commissioning advanced building control systems for the Internet of Things (IoT) based in Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire
Company Name: IAconnects Technology Limited
Managing Director: David Lister.
Registered office: Chiltern House, 45 Station Road, Henley-On-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 1AT
Company Number: 05079414
- How the law protects you
Data protection laws state that we are only able to process personal data if we have valid reasons to do so. The basis for processing your personal data includes, but is not limited to, your consent, performance of a contract, to enable billing and remittance, and to contact you for customer service purposes.
- How do we collect personal data from you?
We receive information when you complete the form on our website, if you contact us by phone, email, or otherwise in respect of any of our services. If you provide us with personal data about a third party, you warrant that you have obtained the express consent from the third party for the disclosure and use of their personal data.
- What type of data do we collect from you?
The personal data that we may collect from you includes your name, address, email address, phone numbers, business and company information and trading history. We also retain records of your queries and correspondence, in the event you contact us.
We merely process such data on your behalf, subject to our Terms and Conditions.
- What data do we store?
- Contact details;
- Project details;
- Other correspondence.
We do not store any payment information such as bank account details or credit card numbers.
- How do we use your data?
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To process orders that you have submitted to us;
- To provide you with services;
- To comply with any contractual obligations, we may have with you;
- To help us identify you and any projects we are working on or have completed for you;
- To enable us to review, develop and improve our services;
- To provide customer care, including responding to your requests if you contact us with a query;
- To administer accounts, process payments and keep track of billing and payments;
- To detect fraud and to make sure what you have told us is correct;
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you based upon the work we have completed for you;
- To inform you of service and price changes.
- Retention periods
We will keep your personal data for the duration of the period you are a customer of iaconnects.
Due to the nature of the services we offer and the relationship that we have with our customers, we will assume that you are still a customer until you tell us that you no longer want to be considered as a customer.
If you let us know that you are no longer a customer, we will delete all unnecessary electronic data and destroy all unnecessary hard copy data that we hold.
We shall retain any project data that is required to safeguard our legal liability following the completion of any project.
- Who has access to your personal data?
For the avoidance of doubt, we do not and never shall sell your personal data to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
We may pass your personal data to third parties for the provision of services on our behalf, but we will only ever share information about you that is necessary to provide the service. For example, if we need to use a provider of specialist equipment or services as part of the work that we are doing for you.
We may share your information if we are acquired by a third party and therefore your data will be deemed an asset of the business. In these circumstances, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of our business, subject to both parties entering into appropriate confidentiality undertakings.
We may share your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of iaconnects, our customers, or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and dispute policies. However, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- Your rights
You have the right to object to our use of your personal data, or ask us to delete, remove or stop using it if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as your right to be forgotten.
There are legal and accountancy reasons why we will need to keep your data, but please do inform us if you think we are retaining or using your personal data incorrectly.
In preventing the use or processing of your personal data, it may delay or prevent us from fulfilling our contractual obligations to you. It may also mean that we shall be unable to provide our services or process the cancellation of your service.
Our Privacy Notice shall be made clear to you at the point of collection of your personal data.
Keeping customers up to date is part of our service and we consider updating to include making you aware of new solutions to topical issues. The solution may be a new or improved service. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you choose not to receive marketing communications from us about our products and services, please let us know at any time at email@example.com
- Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure network.
Email is held on the storage provided by Microsoft Outlook.
Project documents including photographs are stored on our Microsoft server and secure network system. Please refer to the information published by these companies in relation to encryption and security. We are comfortable that they provide a very secure storage solution.
Our IT equipment is protected by the highest grade of firewall and antivirus software available and we operate all communication via a secure network.
Email and project documents are backed-up regularly in the cloud.
We agree to take reasonable measures to protect your data in accordance with applicable laws and in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
In the event of a data breach, we shall ensure that our obligations under applicable data protection laws are complied with where necessary.
- Contact us
Please e-mail any questions or comments you have about privacy to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your right to make a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
- Implementation, maintenance and review
Gary Francis, accepts overall responsibility for all privacy issues within the Company and is responsible for all policy implementation.
Gary will appoint competent persons to assist with the implementation and maintenance of environmental policies and arrangements.